We aim to change the way we ate and chat in restaurants. The acoustic quality of restaurants contributes to the comfort and enjoyment of a dining experience.
We have experimented with noise levels in relationship to the comfort of dining and the ambience a cave like environment can create. The timber profiles generate a sound studio atmosphere, and a pleasant ‘noise’ of dining conversation, offering a more intimate experience as well as a visually interesting and complex surrounding.
- Winner Restaurant and Bar Design Awards (UK) International Restaurant 2011
- Winner International Property Awards (UK) Best Leisure Interior Australia 2011
- Shortlisted Australian Interior Design Awards 2010
The series of acoustic curvatures were tested and developed with computer modelling and each ‘timber grain’ profile has been translated and out from computer-generated 3-D data, using Computer Numerical Control (CNC) technology.
- ProjectCave Restaurant (Sushi Train Maroubra)
- LocationMaroubra, Sydney
- BuilderBonar Interiors
- Project Year2009
- PhotographsSharrin Rees
- Construction PhotosKoichi Takada