Infinity by Crown Group
Crown Group has released the first images of their ambitious mixed-use, multi-residential complex designed by Koichi Takada Architects.
We see today’s residential apartment typology in cities, often defined as formulated and repetitive commercial products. Infinity by Crown Group aims to push boundaries of innovative apartment design and promote the future living and its infinite possibilities.
Highly controversial during the design competition process, we have overcome numbers of challenges to convince our clients and the council to endorse the design for planning approval, allowing us the opportunity to showcase the future of Sydney.
Infinity by Crown Group contains around 400 apartments, mixed-use retail & convention facility, built atop a pedestrian railway link to the train station; with a total area of 40,000m2. The design includes significant public benefits and the future needs of the precinct.
We paid particular attention to natural light and the quality of public gathering space. The unique architectural loop feature, along with a void in its sun-facing façade, allows natural light to penetrate the heart of the architecture, a central public plaza, which would otherwise be shaded.
A tiered apartment structure on the south side is designed with cascading apartments with external terrace gardens. Infinity by Crown Group is sculpted in a particular way that its fluid form increases year-round daylight access to the surrounding context and the adjacent Green Square public plaza.
Infinity by Crown Group is designed with BASIX compliance (Building Sustainability Index), and regard to SEPP65 (State Environmental Planning Policy); including good solar access to apartments, facilitating cross ventilation, rainwater collection, solar photovoltaic panels, LED lighting, equitable apartment mix for wider social economic groups, communal gardens for social interaction.
Infinity by Crown Group is a game changer and our response to our client’s most ambitious architectural challenge, to create an inspirational & landmark building in Sydney. As we anticipate its completion in late 2019, the construction has commenced on site.
- Honorable Mention American Architecure Prize (AAP) Architectural Design / Mixed Use Architecture 2016
- Shortlisted World Architecture News (WAN) Awards 2016
- Longlisted World Architecture News (WAN) Awards 2015
- Silver Award International Design Awards (IDA) Conceptual Architecture 2015
- Winner Design Excellence Competition City of Sydney 2014
- Winner Urban Development Institute of Australia (UDIA) Concept Design 2014
“The site is a heart of activities – an opportunity for genuine street activation and sharing the mixed-use experience with the public to create a wider community” Koichi Takada
- Project Infinity by Crown Group
- Location 301-303 Botany Road, Green Square, Sydney, Australia
- Client Crown International Holdings Group
- Status Under Construction
- Architecture and Interior DesignKoichi Takada Architects
- CGI MIR (2,3) and Binyan (1,4)
- Structural/Civil EngineersVan Der Meer Consulting
- Engineers: Electrical, Mechanical, Fire and LiftBSE Engineers
- Hydraulic Engineers CM Consulting Engineers
- Fire Engineers Holmes Fire