One Central Park
The talent of interior architect has been bought to bear on One Central Park East, to provide a distinctive identity for each tower. Koichi Takada has devised the materials, finishes and interior architecture of One Central Park East.
The relaxed finishes and natural ambience of One Central Park East apartments are inspired by architect Koichi Takada’s love of nature and Nouvel’s concept of One Central Park as a beacon for Sydney.
Each apartment is finished in the most tactile and honest materials – muted tones of driftwood, hammered stone, linen and woven grasses matched with copper and bronze.
Some units emphasise organic, cool finishes while others have a more intense, spicy flavour.
Takada has incorporated sliding timber screens of solid and perforated slats that open up spaces or conceal kitchens from living areas. Sliding the screens aside and the transformation is profound, and delightful.
Internal light gives the effect of a softly glowing lantern with a wooden tree-house, blending with the foliage outside.
- Highly Commended Interior Design Excellence Awards (IDEA) Residential Multi category 2014
- ProjectOne Central Park East
- LocationBroadway, Sydney
- ClientSekisui House Australia and Frasers Property
- ArchitectureAtelier Jean Nouvel, in collaboration with PTW Architects
- Interior ArchitectsKoichi Takada Architects
- Building ContractorWatpac
- Status Completed 2013
- Photography Sharrin Rees and Sharyn Cairns