Ippudo is designed to introduce the Japanese noodle culture into Australian dining.
More than just a restaurant, Ippudo is a gallery of the noodle culture, displaying traditional noodle bowls and spoons, and a traditional clay feature will from Hakata, the birth-place of Ippudo. The enthusiasm of the staff is reflected in their greetings and service – all becoming part of the Ippudo dining experience.
Ippudo is known for their ‘crafted’ dishes. The noodle making process is part of the experience, with photos & books about the routine & recipe. This meticulous attention to detail carries from the food to the interior, where great detail is seen in the application of natural finishes. The interior is exciting and natural – the gentle timber curves are welcoming, the overall experience is a unique and modern interpretation of dining in Japan.
- ProjectIppudo Sydney
- LocationLevel 5, Westfield Sydney, Centrepoint, Sydney
- ClientIppudo Australia
- Completion DateDecember 2012
- Design TeamKoichi Takada Architects
- Construction TeamBonar Interiors
- PhotographsSharrin Rees
- Shortlisted Restaurant and Bar Design Awards (UK) International Restaurant 2013
- Shortlisted Australian Interior Design Awards (AIDA) 2013